–1ST ANNUAL PENALTY SHOOTOUT TOURNAMENT–
Moneymore FC presents the first annual Penalty Shootout Tournament. Here’s what you need to know…
– Each team should consist of 5 kick takers and 1 goalkeeper
– 16 teams enter the competition, with four groups of four teams (round robin)
– Standard penalty shootout rules apply. 5 penalties each, sudden death if tied after 5 penalties
– Top two teams in each group advance to quarter finals
– Straight knock-out from quarter finals through to final
– €60 to enter (€10 per player) with cash prize and trophy for winning team
– Kick takers may be 16+, goalkeepers must be 18+
– Entry to competition on first come first serve basis
– Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches in their group
– Anyone can enter, whether injured, retired or currently playing, anyone can take a spot kick
– Enter as a club and try to win money for your team, or enter with your friends and try to win money for the pub!
To register your interest in the competition, message Moneymore FC Facebook Page or contact Moneymore FC manager Brian Fitzpatrick. All funds raised from this competition will be donated to the junior side of the club. Competition date will be announced shortly, watch this space.